The new action plan will announce initiatives along the entire life cycle of products and aims to ensure that resources being used are kept in the EU economy for as long as possible.
The main measures are:
- Make sustainable products the norm in the EU, e. g., by making the Ecodesign framework applicable to the broadest possible range of products and introducing a ban on the destruction of unsold durable goods;
- Empower consumers and public buyers, proposing a revision of EU consumer law to ensure that consumers receive trustworthy and relevant information on products at the point of sale;
- Focusing on the sectors that use most resources and where the potential for circularity is high, such as electronics and ICT, batteries and vehicles, packaging, plastics, textiles, construction and buildings, food, water and nutrients;
- Ensuring waste control, enhancing circularity in a toxic-free environment and creating a well-functioning EU market for secondary raw materials;
- Leading global efforts on the circular economy, driving the transition through research, innovation and digitalisation.
Discover the MED Green Growth, the community of projects supported by the Interreg MED Programme working towards Green Growth/Circular Economy in the Mediterranean!
You can read the whole action plan text here.
Powered by WPeMatico